Skip to main content

Bunk Beds for Odin and Mitra


 I have been working steadily to build my two boys, Odin and Mitra, a bedroom all of their own. Their bedroom is the same beroom that I stayed in when I visited my father in this house 30 years ago
 As I was an only child, a single bed was sufficient for my father to build.  However, with two growing  boys on my hands, I needed to build bunkbeds to maximize the space and get them their own comfortable place within our family home. 


 I chose to use the locally grown and milled wood from our island. The Japanese Cedar is a very solid  material  and does well with the high humidity. And I personally think it’s very beautiful. 


I installed safety lights above their bunks, so they will be able read in bed.  I also installed safety electric sockets, so they will be able to charge their phones in the future.


I purchased plastic bins for them with lids, to keep their clothing dry and moth free.  The bins have wheels, so the boys are able to dress themselves and put away their laundry.


Odin (7 yo) got to take the top bunk, and Mitra (5 yo) opted for the bottom bunk.


Sometimes they both choose to sleep on the bottom bunk together.


Comments